Grease Trap Cleaning Miami
Are You a Restaurant, Bar, or Hotel That Needs To Comply With Miami-Dade County’s Mandated FOG (Fat, Oils, Grease) Discharge Control Permit Requirements and needs a Grease Trap Cleaning Miami?
Coral Gables Plumbing Helps Restaurants and Food Service Establishments With:
- New grease interceptor / grease trap installation that comply with the new rules
- Repair of grease traps / Hydromechanical Interceptors
- Replacement of existing broken, outdated or non-compliant equipment
- Assist you with correcting current violation tags (except pumping or hauling)
- Grease Trap Cleaning Miami
About The FOG / Grease Discharge Annual Operating Permit & Regulations That Apply To YOUR Establishment:
Designed to prevent further damage to the county’s sewer system
FOGs clog, damage and can actually burst sewer lines
You will soon be required to have fully functional and maintained FOG capturing equipment in your food service establishment. This also means your grease trap will require cleaning at one point.
For more details, learn for yourself directly from the county at: http://www.miamidade.gov/environment/fats-oils-grease.asp
What To Do Now
Contact Coral Gables Plumbing to discuss your options and needs to ensure compliance with these new rules and to help you with grease trap / hydromechanical interceptor repair, replacement, installation or violation. Call us at 305-254-3434 or fill out the form on this page.
Grease Trap Installs Replacements Upgrades
Grease Trap Cleaning Miami
- All food service establishments (e.g. restaurants, cafeterias, bakeries, coffee shops, juice bars, etc,) MUST have a current Grease Discharge Operating Permit (GDO) issued by Department of Environmental Resource Management (DERM).
- All GDO’s MUST have a Grease Trap.
- All Grease Traps MUST be maintained and in good working order.
- All Grease Traps MUST be cleaned at the frequency shown on the GDO permit.
- Grease Trap Cleaning Miami includes pumping all wastewater and waste (FOG, settled solids, etc,) from the system to a truck licensed by DERM to haul and dispose waste at an approved facility. Skimming, decanting or putting any wastewater or waste back in the system is prohibited.
- Utilizing an unlicensed hauler is prohibited. Licensed hauler MUST exhibit a DERM 2016 decal.
- Not properly/completely cleaning a grease trap as mandated above (or by your GDO permit) will result in the issuance of a ticket or other enforcement action by DERM.
- Starting January 2017, food service establishments MUST report when their grease traps are cleaned. Reporting will be by a simple-to-use internet application.